Many people are victims of cardiovascular disease. It is usually a direct result of the way you spend your lives and the type of diet you follow. Sedentary lifestyles along with rich and unhealthy diet leads to heart problems. It has been seen that seventy percent of heart disease are preventable if one makes the right choice in food. Not only does your heart stay healthy by eating the right food, the risk of atherosclerosis or tightening and narrowing of the arteries is greatly reduced which usually leads to strokes and heart attacks. A diet that is heart-healthy is often rich in lean protein, fruits, vegetables, grains and low in unhealthy fats, cholesterol, and sodium.
Natural Foods Makes Healthy Heart
Oatmeal has many beneficial properties that make it a healthy option for breakfast. Benefits • It is known to be rich in omega-3 fatty acids • Contains useful minerals like potassium, magnesium, calcium and soluble fiber Preparation • Buy an instant oatmeal package • Cook one cup of oats in milk according to the consistency you like • Add sugar or honey as desired Such food for breakfast maintains a complete feeling for a longer period of time than other items. When you add fruits, it increases the nutritive value of food.
2. Black Beans
In Black beans there are lot of useful nutrition foods that makes heart good and better. One or more servings of black beans is recommended by health experts especially for those at risk of developing heart disease or those who have already suffered from heart disease.
• Black beans are rich in B vitamins
• Other minerals it contains are magnesium, calcium and niacin
• Black beans are high in soluble fiber and omega-3 fatty acids
• Provide high protein without the bad cholesterol found in animal flesh
One can consume black beans prepared as part of a sauce dish item or even in the boiled form It can be added to salads or soups as well.
3. Red wine
Many people don’t know that red wine is good for the heart? While you may be told to abstain from drinks beyond a certain level, an alcoholic beverage that offers beneficial properties is red wine.
• Increases levels of good cholesterol or HDL in the system
• There are antioxidants like catechins and resveratrol that help keep artery walls in good shape
• Cancer prevention properties are found in red wine
It is advisable that a glass of red wine can be drunk every day, but no more. Again, if one is on certain medications like aspirin and others, it is advisable that red wine abstains.
Among the fish that one can consume, salmon is said to be great for the heart.
• There are a lot of omega-3s like DHA and EPA in fish that makes it healthy for the heart
• Omega-3 fatty acids reduce the risk of heart rhythm disorders
• These beneficial fatty acids help reduce blood pressure and prevent clotting risks
• Blood triglycerides are reduced and inflammation is controlled
A serving of salmon or two per week can help reduce the risk of dying of heart attack by about one-third. Fish can be enjoyed on the grill or in the oven along with pasta, rice, salads or soups.
5. Extra virgin olive oil:
The extra virgin olive oil is made from the first olive press. It offers many benefits for the heart.
• It consists of antioxidants such as polyphenols
• There are many monounsaturated fatsin these oil that are rich in fats and makes heart safe.
• Regular consumption of extra virgin olive oil will help lower cholesterol, as well as protect blood vessels
The oil can be used as a medium for cooking, both in salads and in bread.
If you have a sweet tooth that is restricted due to food restrictions you could still enjoy black chocolate regularly.
• Black chocolate containing seventy percent cocoa makes it good for the heart.
• Flavonoid in cocoa helps lower blood pressure
• Blood flow to the heart improves
• Damage caused by free radicals
So, it is okay to enjoy dark chocolate and have a little piece every day.
Among fruits, it is known that oranges are good for the heart.
• This fruit contains, carotenoids, folate ,flavonoids, fiber, beta-cryptoxanthin and potassium
• The above nutrients, as well as vitamin C, make the fruit especially good for the heart
• Blood pressure is controlled as well as blood vessel functionality
One can eat as a fruit or drink the juice as well. One can increase their nutritional value by using cinnamon or lime juice along with it.
This nut has healthy fats and other nutrients that are good for the heart.
• Walnuts contain omega-3 fatty acids, folic acid, fiber, magnesium, vitamin E and poly-unsaturated fats that help promote a healthy heart
• One will be able to reduce the risk of cholesterol and inflammation of the arteries
Nuts added to cakes, muffins, cookies, pasta and salads are different ways that one can enjoy this nut and its benefits.
Drinking alochol in moderation can be good for your heart.
• Alcohol makes blood less prone to clotting
• Improves cholesterol levels
• Reduces inflammation of the arteries
However, one should exercise moderation when drinking. Only two pegs for men are healthy, while for women only one. Red wine is the most beneficial among all other alcoholic beverages.
Thus follow above Natural Foods Makes Healthy Heart